Tuesday, June 13, 2006

For 80 Good Reasons and More

So there is another addition to the ever growing community of bloggers. And before you get any weird ideas that I am here to promote a product in the competition with Durex (which would be stupid actually as they have a million good reasons and more), this piece is about a place in Bangalore – The 80 ft. road at Koromangala.

Before I get started let me tell you a little about me- I have been o hyderabadi all my life and a manipalite for the past 4 years. 4 months ago was my first real encounter with Bangalore (the visit before this is considered virtual because I had a close encounter with death and the only memory that remains is of the horrendous accident).

Well where were we? Ya, Bangalore… my first impression of the city was that it was chaotic. And well the city didn’t prove to be too benevolent to me (conned by the auto wallahs, thrown out of a P.G within 15 days of joining in, having a theft at my place – not exactly acts of benevolence).

Now, before you get any wrong ideas for the second time – this is not another one of the Bangalore bashing articles (if you need those all you need to is to open the TOI any given day). This article is an ode to the one place that has given me solace in the midst of all the chaos – 80 ft. road at koromangala.

Whether it be a refreshing snack at Gangothri when I was hunting for a place to stay or the amazing buffet at Dal Roti when I was starving to death one Sunday afternoon. Or for that matter the Pizza hut treats when I got my first pay. A special mention to Legends of Rock (officially rated the best pub around by ME), the kick ass F1 races I watched there sipping beer (guzzling it at times) will be imprinted in my memory forever.

And what else, the road leads to my home away from home – FORUM. I have lost count of the endless hours I spent there doing nothing or something (I can’t even recall that). Movies at PVR, sitting and reading novels at Landmark- I have done it all.

So, Bangalore has finally managed to get into my good books (or vice versa I guess) and it is not due to the usual M.G or brigade road but because of the highly under rated 80 ft. road at Koromangala.

6 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to have fallen in love with bangalore....so b'lore your first love huh????;-)

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice try advertisin d pub...after all only there u love watchin kimi crash out!!!

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pandey bhai.. was reading ur blog with a background score called TUMHI dekho na.. from kank .. well nice work i should say.. hey i can give u a great suggestion.. PLz write a book.. on life of manipal or banglore ... anything.. i think it'll click....

once again... faaadu writing and keep adding more....

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha.. Nice one. Keep going.
MIHIR.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger sourabh said...

@viperworks - unlike in your case food is not the only thing that makes a place worhtwhile for me. so 100 ft road has got a lot of catching upto do.

@motu singh - i might be in bangalore but by heart is still in hydearbad.;) as nagesh kukunoor aptly put it "once a hyderabadi always a hyderabadi".

@anonymous - " i think i know who you are. next time you ant to post an anonymous comment don't call up the previous night and ask the blogger to alow anonymous posting. as far as the case of kimi i guess your knowledg of F1 is limited to stats alone.

@c.r.k - well rohan thank you for all the praise and i guess no mater which one of us writes a book on manipal it's gonna click

@mihir-"thank u"

@vinay- ya i am enjoying myself out here.. mismanipal like crazy though. read the next post u'll know why

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude.. that anonymous person is not me.. samjha na.. first get ur info right.. ok
btw.. nice work dude.. keep it up.. good that u r enjoyin in b'lore. atleast i have accomodation in b'lore now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home