Thursday, June 15, 2006

CG- BoreEl

1st June 2006 – the day I started my professional career (officially that is). For most people starting their career is a dream for me it turned out to be a nightmare.

Having pursued my project in the same organization for the past 4 months I was well aware of their internal working and also of the best in – competency (pun intended) HR department headed by the one who must not be named.

Anyways 1st June seems like a really early start, guess what we told the company the exact same thing. But Mr. Bomman (thanks Tarun for coining that name) was of the opinion that we were to undergo training as soon as possible so we could be productive to the company (Bless the soul who came up with management jargon).

So with not so high hopes we walked into CG- BoreEl on 1/06/06. And since then we have found novel ways of killing time. Filling up 3 forms in a span of 5 hrs, having a 4 hour lecture on Quality with the guy repeating every 10 minutes “you know all this, I don’t know why I have been asked to take this session” and eventually skipping the part that we actually wanted to know about and some so called reading sessions that my co joinees keep mentioning but all I can remember is messaging sessions where I messaged every long lost friend of mine.

The first few days of my professional life have made me feel that may b I a not ready for this (sitting all alone without work and getting bored) but as they say ‘Change is the only constant’. So I live in the hope that may be there will be something for me to do tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger DDey said...

Pandeyra!

Don't worry about boredom at the workplace. There are dull times and and there are sizzling times. It all happens - hang in there, but keep blogging about it. :-D

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Varun said...

yeah, i dread joining mainstream 'job' life one day, but Dey is right, for the moment. Depends on your hunger for sucess too i guess.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the insite into coreel man.. thats my dream (that hopefully wont come true-now atleast) company..
hope you'r not loaded on boranium much longer.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger sourabh said...

@dey - i guess i will take your wprd for it.. you are the experienced one here :)

@shenoy - well i feel famished right now.. just hope i am still hungry enough 2 years down the line

@mahen - all said and done mahen this place is pretty good.. your LAN cables do get stolen at times.. but well you do get to learna lot.. when they give you wotk that is..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home