Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bapu Rocks

Saw Lage Raho Munna Bhai last night. And well what can I say; I have run out superlatives to describe the movie. It is such a simple movie yet so inspiring just like the man the movie talks about. Well, I guess the place where the movie scores is that it manages to get a really serious message through in a really funny vein.

I never believed (or have never accepted that I believed) in “Gandhigiri” (that’s how Munna would put it). But after watching the movie I realized that at some point or the other we all do our bit of “Gandhigiri”. I think the greatest virtue that Bapu tried to teach us was patience though generally it’s undermined by his highly decorated teachings of truth and non- violence (which still do hold importance in the modern society but to a lesser extent).

I always thought that the Mahatma made a few mistakes during his life time. But who doesn’t. And absolutely no one is qualified enough to dissect Mahatma Gandhi’s character (which some people think is cool these days). He was a great man and his greatness existed not on having high principles but being able to live up to each one of them till the day he died.

All I can say right now is that we all do our bit of Gandhism, what we need to now is to acknowledge it. And well pay out tributes to the Man who taught us all this. No doubt “Bapu Rocks” bole to bapu ek dum mast hai kya.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice and crisp...

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger sourabh said...

@motu singh

Thank you..

@raman

Rest assured it's gonnabe running when you come here.. this one's not going off the screen for a long time..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home