Monday, November 27, 2006

I DO.. DO I?

It’s official. The marriage season is on. I have no other explanation for why almost everybody around me seems to be getting married or looking for prospective matches.

Weren’t these the people I played cricket with in the back alley of my house a few years back? Man we sure grow up fast. I am still having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that it’s going to be 6 months since I started working and all of a sudden I have to come to terms with the fact that quiet a few close friends and relatives are getting married.

But this post isn’t about me and how I have to come to terms with everything in my life (I am always complaining about that).

This post isn’t about marriage either but is about what we call “cheating” after marriage.

Once a person gets married, everyone expects a happily ever after. But the reality is a far cry from the fairy tales. Isn’t it?

Anyways, I have always wondered, why do people label having physical relations with someone after marriage as cheating. Why isn’t not being able to express your true feelings, your fears, and your insecurities to your spouse not considered as cheating. If you share such stuff with someone else it is considered to be healthy. Isn’t this cheating in a way too?

Or is it that marriage is just a certificate that allows two people to share a bed with each other only and with no one else. Where as their personal thoughts are for the world to know and comment on. Some how I have never been able to figure this out.

This does not make sleeping with someone else after you have vowed your faith to someone else any less punishable in my eyes. It is and will be cheating. But at the same time no being able to open up to your spouse where as being able to do so with someone else is also cheating. And I guess you not only cheat your spouse in this case you are cheating yourself too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home