Monday, December 04, 2006

Normal is Boring

9- The answer to the ultimate question, the answer to life, universe and everything. Douglas Adams made it so simple. Who would have imagined that the answer to the most complex question in the world could be simple? Or did we just not want to take a simplistic view of life. Have we really got used to complicating everything that comes in front of us? Have we forgotten that things just might be as simple as they look?

Now that we have established that we always take the non simplistic view of life, the question arises that are we doing it voluntarily or involuntarily?

I have got this feeling that’s been nagging me for quiet some time now. I have started feeling I am leading a really boring life. I have nothing exciting to look forward to. I have been stuck in a schedule. I wake up, go to office, come back, watch TV – this peppered with weekends spent in the bed day dreaming (in my sleep though), occasional visits to pubs to let off the steam. My life seems to have been restricted to these few activities and nothing else. In simple words my life is as normal as a techies life in Bangalore can be.

But when did I decide to barter my wishes for such a normally boring life. In college I used to have so much on my hands that I felt that God played a cruel joke on us by giving us just 24 hours in a day. My feeling hasn’t changed much; I still think God has played a cruel joke on us by giving us 24 hours in day – what does one do with so much time?

And still I hear people complaining that I never find time to call them or meet up. I have never found it difficult to have a conversation even with strangers. I had so much going on in my life at a time that I could go on and on when some one asked “WHATS UP”? But today, I really have nothing to say to a question like that. My life has become so predictable that even the shopkeeper beside my house knows what I would be doing at a given hour of the day. A year ago, I would have difficulty knowing what I would be doing 2 hours from the given time.

And when some one asks me today “HOWZ LIFE”? My answer is “NORMAL” and everyone thinks everything is fine. But what I actually want to say is life is NORMALLY BORING.

And that brings me back to the number 9. It’s not that the answer to the most complex question in the world can’t be this simple. It’s just that we don’t want it to be that simple cause that makes our life NORMAL. And that is the one thing I guess we are trying to run away from.

Life is good as long as it is complex, when your mind is filled with a thousand things, and you find 24 hours to be too less. An hour spent with loved ones at such a gives one more satisfaction and happiness than a month when you have your entire time dedicated to them because it simply steals the thrill of trying to do something for the people you love.

But that doesn’t change the fact that we really want to do something for or loved ones and I guess this is just another attempt to do that little something for al the people I care about.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a min...wasnt the answer 42 and not 9???

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger sourabh said...

ahh.. u caugth that.. i was hoping Ddey would eventually do it.. it was just a ploy to get onto his nerves.. u can try it.. quote wrong facts from Hitchhikers and u would see Ddey jumping up and down with fury.. :)

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

update ur blog for god's sake!!!!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Arun said...

You know whats more boring than normal??? Coming to your blog every week to find the same article on the top :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home